Vacancy at Tocris Bioscience
Tocris currently has an opportunity for an Analytical Chemist in Avonmouth, Bristol, South West England.
With a fast expanding product range, Tocris is firmly established as a leading global supplier of Life Science research chemicals, and custom chemistry services to University and Pharmaceutical company customers worldwide.
We are looking for an analytical chemist to join our team of QC and development analysts at our Bristol site.
- Working in a safe and responsible manner, abiding by the COSHH regulations and maintaining a high level of tidiness.
- Using techniques such as: (U)HPLC, MS, LC-MS, ELSD, GC, NMR, FT-IR, UV-Vis and optical rotation.
- Working in a cGMP environment, including method development, method validation, obtaining and reporting data, writing standard operating procedures when required.
- Troubleshooting and instrument maintenance skills for HPLC, MS, LC-MS, and GC. If required on the job training and external courses can be provided where appropriate.
- Developing robust and reproducible analytical methods for small molecules.
- Working to maximize productivity and meet targets and deadlines.
- Maintaining a high standard of laboratory work with regard to both practical output and documentation.
- All other duties as required.
- Extensive knowledge of all relevant analytical techniques.
- Good team working and communication skills.
- Ability to coach junior members of the team and provide help and guidance when appropriate.
- Ability to manage time to maximize productivity.
- Ability to quickly and accurately conduct required Quality Control tests.
- Ability to conduct initial assessment of Quality Control/ analytical data.
- Safe and responsible working manner in laboratory areas.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of recording information.
- Awareness of commercial importance of products and ability to plan and prioritize work accordingly.
Minimum Required Experience:
- Degree Level education: Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry.
- 1-3 years relevant Analytical experience in a cGMP environment.
How to Apply:
Please apply online, or send or email your CV with a covering letter, quoting reference ANALY01727 to:
The Recruitment Manager,
The Watkins Building
Avonmouth, Bristol BS11 9QD
Tocris is unable to employ any candidates requiring a sponsorship to work in the UK and all applicants must be in a position to accept permanent employment without infringement of their immigration status.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply for this role. Please note that your application will be acknowledged and any queries you have addressed but thereafter we will only contact you again if you are invited to interview.